Motorbike Accident - Injury Claims
Motorcyclists are many times more likely to be involved in an accident than drivers of motor vehicles, and often these accidents result in critical injuries. If you’ve recently been involved in a motorbike accident and are suffering from injuries stemming from it, then seeking legal help should be second only to getting proper medical treatment. Please note all the laws in all the States and Territories are completely different - please click the appropriate link below for your state.
QLD, NSW, VIC, WA, SA, NT, ACT, TAS
Riding a motorbike is risky
The dangers of riding a motorbike include:
- Lack of protection - Without airbags, doors, a roof, or seat belts, motorbike riders are riding with extremely little protection in the event of an accident.
- Going unseen by other drivers -Because motorbikes are smaller and can easily be overlooked by drivers of larger vehicles, bikers must be proactive when looking out for their safety as well as the safety of others.
- Having only two wheels - The ability to stop and otherwise maneuver can be greatly inhibited by having only two wheels. Any sudden movements can lead to the rider being thrown from the bike or sliding.
If you’ve been involved in a motorbike accident, a solicitor can help you in the following ways:
- Evaluating your case - It is important to have an accident solicitor take a look at your case and the events surrounding it. By reviewing your case an accident solicitor can ascertain whether or not taking legal action is the best choice or not, which can save you a lot of money and time.
- Outlining the best course of legal action - Every case is different, which is why it’s important that you take a course of action that will work best for your case. In some motorbike accident cases it’s easier to settle, but in others you may find that going to trial will be the only way that you’ll get the compensation you are entitled to. Your solicitor will be able to advise you on all your available options.
- Doing research and background work -There’s more to winning your claim than meets the eye. Winning compensation often requires doing hours of research and background work regarding the causes of the accident, the vehicles and people involved, and other information that can make or break your case. Solicitors are skilled researchers that often have access to information and sources that you wouldn’t otherwise be able to get on your own.
- Negotiating with the other party -Reaching an agreement in your accident will take skill and patience. Knowing what you are entitled to and how to get is best left in the hands of a qualified motorbike injury solicitor.
Get your case resolved today with the help of our personal injury compensation solicitors.
Disclaimer: Nothing on this website constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind. If you require advice in relation to any legal matter you should consult an appropriately qualified lawyer.